Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear International Members,

Just a short note to let you know of two very important events that just happened for our Association and our support to our International Community.

First,  Sylvester Yong, MD was sworn in as the I-ACT Vice President.  Dr Yong is our first international member to be elected to our Executive Board.  Congratulations to Dr. Yong and thank you for all of your hard work.  Dr Yong will automatically become our President Elect in two years, then in two more years, he will become I-ACT President.

But that is not all of the great news for our international community.

I just returned from the Sept 2011Board meeting, and am glad to announce that the Board has approved for the I-ACT President to travel to Europe to attend Regional Meetings and speak with our members.  Here is a copy of the Email that Dorothy Chandler, I-ACT President just sent out:



"Just wanted to give you the great news. Today the I-ACT Board of Directors approved my travel to Europe.

I will be attending the meeting of the associations on Sept 28, the UK Regional on Oct 2, and the Europe Regional on Oct. 9.

Additionally I am working on a meeting with non I-ACT members in Copenhagen and will spend some time with Pia Brixved.

I am so excited about spending the time with each of you and our members. I will share the boards vision of strengthening our regionals, and developing a future I-ACT convention in the UK.

The office will began to publicize the meetings by email and facebook this coming week. Please continue to encourage attendance I look forward to meeting everyone."


We are so excited to announce this new Board decision.  The Board wants you to know that our international members are important and that I-ACT Cares about you also.

It has been three years since we have a Board member travel to Europe, and we are excited since Dorothy will be able to travel to so many sites.

Make your plans to meet up with Dorothy while she is there as we know she wants to hear from you.

Have a great day.

Dick


3 comments: